About Contacts Exhibitions Gallery Board
About
Artist notes

제목 2016-2 Work note 등록일 17-01-04 18:35
글쓴이 관리자 조회 2,461

A Piece of Thought on My Recent Works

What in the world will hardly change at all?

Even if it doesn’t change itself, the time and space surrounding it might become different. Like this, not only all creatures but also things and phenomena do not seem to remain unchanged.

Though each one continues to move for living, when seen from a distance, the whole one often looks like a big block of something formed. With time, the shape of the block will be altered as well.

On traveling I have dreamed of or during daily life, the usual big flows made from the collections of similar ones have caught my eyes at some moments. They include grasses lying on the wind, flocks of animals moving forward, schools of fish moving forward, crowds moving toward the same goal, and the directional movements of each galaxy in the universe.

Among them, the migration of schools of fish was particularly meaningful for me. Was it due to the powerful vitality of each one, beautiful shapes created from speeding toward the same direction or swirling through the water, and a message of hope that might exist at the end of the direction of the purpose?

Reconstructing the migration into the beauty of formative aesthetics, extending in and out of the canvas and expressing imagination, I am immersed in the work under the delusion that I am creating a new world, which makes me feel joyful.

As I prioritize various forms of the beauty generated by assembled details of movement, the canvas ends up being composed by the same hues but different brightness. The patterns are repeated in the same way and change little by little, thereby resulting in an optical and modern form.

This work of art focused on expressing the formative aesthetics deliberately through the continuous transforming from assembled small ones into big chunks. In addition, it ultimately aims to give a message of hope in accordance with the time and each one’s situation.

최근 작업에 대한 단상

세상에 변하지 않는 것도 있을까?

설령 그 자체는 변하지 않는다 하더라도 그것을 감싸고 있는 시간과 공간이 달라졌을 거다. 이렇듯 모든 생명체는 물론이고 삼라만상 모두가 그대로 머무는 것은 없다고 생각된다.

개체 하나하나가 나름의 생을 살아내느라 끊임 없이 움직여도

먼 곳에서 바라보면 전체적으로 어떤 형태를 이룬 그냥 큰 덩어리로 보일 때가 많다. 시간이 지나면 이것 역시 형태의 변화를 가져올 것이다.

꿈꾸던 여행을 하거나 돌아와 일상을 살거나 항상 이런 비슷한 개체들이 모여서 큰 흐름을 타는 것들이 어느 순간 자꾸 눈에 들어왔다. 이를테면 바람에 눕는 풀들, 동물 무리들의 이동, 물고기떼의 이동, 같은 목적으로 움직이는 군중, 우주로 확장하면 각 은하계의 방향성을 가진 움직임 등.

이들 중에서도 물고기들의 이동이 특별히 의미 있게 다가왔다. 개체의 강한 생명력과 같은 방향으로 질주하거나 소용돌이 치면서 만들어내는 아름다운 형태들과 추구하는 방향 끝에 있을 법한 희망의 메시지가 보여설까.

조형미를 갖춘 아름다움으로 재구성하여 캔버스 안으로 때로는 밖으로 연장하면서 상상하여 표현하다 보면 새로운 세계를 창조한다는 착각에 빠져서 작업에 몰입하게 된다. 몰입의 즐거움을 느끼며.

작은 움직임이 모여서 만들어내는 다양한 형태의 아름다움을 우선시하다 보니 명도 차는 있지만 동일한 색조로 화면을 구성하게 된다. 같은 패턴으로 끊임없이 반복하며 조금씩 조금씩 변화를 주다 보면 어느새 옵티칼적이면서도 모던한 형태가 나온다.

이번 작업은 그 무엇보다 작은 개체들이 모여 큰 덩어리를 이루어나가며 끊임없이 변환되는 과정에서, 의도된 조형적 아름다움을 표현하는데 주안점을 두었다. 여기에 더하여 시대와 개인의 상황에 맞는 희망의 메시지가 부여되었으면 하는 바램이 작업의 궁극적인 목적이기도 하다.

www.haekeungpark.com / E-mail : hhhkkp@hanmail.net / Facebook : www.facebook.com/haekeung.park.7
copyrightⓒ2016 haekeungpark all rights reserved.